Instagram Feed

Monday, August 26, 2013

Homemade Salt Spray for Beachy Wavy Hair


Today I am going to be teaching you all how to make your own salt spray! If you've ever swam in salt water and had your hair dry with the most perfect beachy waves, then you are going to want to try this out!

First off, let me just say I've been using this ever since I decided to go No'Poo (I will be making a post about this later, but for those of you who do not know, this is not about going to the bathroom! It is throwing away commercial shampoo and conditioner and if you're like me also products. But more on that later.) This stuff works wonders! I currently have this in my hair and it looks so good! If I were to compare salt spray to a product it would be a natural spray gel or mousse without all the foreign harsh chemicals. 

Anyways, to make this Homemade Salt Spray what you are going to need is:

1. A 16 oz. spray bottle
2. One tablespoon of coconut oil
3. One tablespoon of salt
4. Sixteen ounces of warm water

That's it! It's that simple!




Step one, get a tablespoon of melted coconut oil and put it into your 16 oz. spray bottle. It is easier if you have a little funnel to pour it in, but if you're like me and don't have one, just do the best you can! Also, most coconut oil comes as a solid, if your house isn't above 75 degrees that is. DO NOT microwave your coconut oil! I mean you can, but if you do it does kill a lot of the good enzymes and other good things in it. Take the container and put it under hot/warm water until it is melted.





Second, put a tablespoon of salt in the spray bottle. Again it is easier with a funnel. I don't have one so I just did it over my sink and got basically most of it in.


Next add 16 ounces of warm water. I stress that you need warm water so that the salt dissolves and the coconut oil stays liquid. After you add the water shake it up for a little while until you think that the salt is dissolved enough.

And you are done! I hope you all learn to love this stuff as much as I do! I do not recommend using this everyday because the salt can dry out your hair. Also I used the coconut oil because it is the closest to the natural oil your hair produces, and it isn't as heavy as say olive oil.
Leave me comments if you have any questions or to tell me your experience when using the Homemade Salt Spray on your hair!(:

 Here is me with Salt Spray in my hair after I mastered the art of the Snake braid.  If you follow me on Instagram, you will recognize it.





I'll be posting the how to video on this braid soon, be sure to check back or check my Instagram or Twitter feed.




No comments:

Post a Comment