Instagram Feed

Friday, December 28, 2012

Spit-Up Happens... A LOT!!



The above picture is my son Cylas when he was a day old. I hold this photo so dear to my heart. He was so tiny when he was born; 6lbs, 14oz and 19.5 inches long. He has grown a lot since then!

When he was first born he sat on my chest the first two hours; the happiest two hours of my life! I was incredibly sore! After two and a half hours of pushing they decided to use forceps, to my despair.

But never mind that, I could go on for days about that day! This post is about spit-up and if your little one happens to be like Cylas, we had to deal with a lot of it!

Every time that I fed he would spit-up, and I don't mean just a little a bit, I mean a lot! Like he'd spit up everything I just fed him! I'd burp him, but only after I'd feed him. I'd cry all the time over it, at least a couple times a day, if not every time that it happened. 

Well one day I was sitting in my mom's living room feeding Cylas and he once again spit up all over me. I then broke down and cried uncontrollably to my mom. She told me to that next time Cylas got hungry let her know. 

Cylas has always been a very regular little boy and eats once every two hours. So two hours after I had fed him, he was hungry again. I told my mom and she came with me. Cylas is notorious for popping off and then latching back on, still is at 5 and a half months old, but she told me that every time he does that to burp him, so I did. 

Voila! He unlatched and I burped him, this made him really, REALLY mad until he burped and then he latched back on and ate and then we started over. Him unlatching was pretty much his way of saying he had a bellyache. At the end of that feeding he didn't spit up at all. 

I didn't know it until a bit later that I had over-active "let-down" AND over-production so I was basically drowning him. 

I'm not saying this will be the case for everyone, but it worked for us! And it could work for you! Thanks for reading! I hope this helps!(:


No comments:

Post a Comment